ReviewsNo reviews yet
On this day trip, you will hike on the Marangu Route up to Mandara Hut for lunch. This trek is NOT to the summit.
All short treks are offered on a private basis, and you can start on any day of the year.
The short treks are geared for people who like to hike but reaching the summit isn’t a “must do”, and allow one to experience the excitement of hiking on the highest peak on the African continent.
All trekking inside of the Tanzania National Park require the services of a certified Kilimanjaro guide, and the Marangu route is the only route where short treks are allowed.
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- All Park fees Airport transfers Rescue fees
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Emergency oxygen
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Accommodation in tents and hotels as indicated in the itinerary
- Camping equipment – tents, sleeping mattress and camping furniture
- Portable toilet and toilet tent
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.
Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate
After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the climb. Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rain-forest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi.
Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down
Habitat: Montane Forest