ReviewsNo reviews yet
Hiking Mount Meru, located in Tanzania and standing at 4,562.13 meters (14,968 feet), is a popular choice for adventure seekers and those preparing for a Mount Kilimanjaro climb. While not as high as Kilimanjaro, it still offers stunning views and an exciting trekking experience. Here is a suggested itinerary for a 3-day hike to Mount Meru:
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- All Park fees Airport transfers Rescue fees
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Emergency oxygen
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Accommodation in tents and hotels as indicated in the itinerary
- Camping equipment – tents, sleeping mattress and camping furniture
- Portable toilet and toilet tent
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc.
Momela Gate to Miriakamba Hut
- Begin the hike at Momela Gate, where you will complete registration and meet your guide and porters.
- Trek through the Montane forest, keeping an eye out for wildlife such as buffalo, elephants, and a variety of bird species.
- Ascend to Miriakamba Hut at an elevation of 2,514 meters (8,248 feet) where you will spend the night.
Miriakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
- Continue your ascent through the forest and then into the heather and moorland zones.
- Pass the Mgongo wa Tembo (elephant back) ridge and enjoy stunning views of the Meru crater and the Ash Cone.
- Arrive at Saddle Hut, located at 3,570 meters (11,712 feet), where you will spend the night.
Summit Attempt and Descend to Momela Gate
- Begin the summit attempt in the early hours of the morning to reach the summit of Mount Meru, Socialist Peak, at 4,562.13 meters (14,968 feet).
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the sunrise over Mount Kilimanjaro and the surrounding landscapes.
- Descend back to Saddle Hut for a brief rest and then continue to Momela Gate where you will complete your hike.